Wednesday, December 5, 2007

911; AGAIN

Ok, for those of you (since there are so many readers out there) that don't know, my mom fell and shattered her tibia about 7 weeks ago. She also broke her R forearm in two places, and had to wait for surgery until some of the swelling could go down, so a week later, she had surgery. Well, on Monday, Mom and I are sitting at the table talking, and she says her stomache hurts, and then she starts hollering, and pretty soon she can barely breathe and the hollering just gets louder. She can't talk, and she looks as if she is going to stop breathing, so I ask her if she has chest pain, and no, besides, the pain is on her right side, so, I'm reviewing my CPR in my head, but the pain continues, and I am not sure what is going on, so being the experienced nurse that I am, I call 911, lol, and as soon as the paramedics arrive, the episode has passed, and she has little residual pain, and tells them she is not going to the hospital. She has a follow-up appointment with her Doc. as soon as she is able to walk, to check out her gall-bladder for inflamation or stones, or both. She is just having so much fun!

No comments: